Only Protein



Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Video Tutorial- Great Method To Clean Carpet With A Rug Doctor



Rug Doctor makes a really great carpet extractor. For the money, you really can't find any comparable units from any other manufacturer (Bissell makes the Big Green Cleaning Machine which is the only comparable one out there, and I haven't seen much regarding the durability as yet, and it is usually priced higher than the Rug Doctor units). The point of this video is to show that, while Rug Doctor's prescribed method for using their machine works really well, it may be necessary at times to deviate from that method for special circumstances. The method I use with my cleaning business is in fact different than Rug Doctor's recommendation because by necessity I had to change it. Keep in mind, that as a commercial user, my warranty is not the same as a regular household user will have. Also remember that Rug Doctor's own brand of detergents etc are fine for 99% of conditions most people ever encounter, and using their products will protect your warranty. I use special mixes at times, and even products not designed to be used in a Rug Doctor. But I don't endanger my Rug Doctor pumps or injectors because I never put any detergent (Rug Doctor brand or otherwise) inside my fresh water compartment. I always apply detergents with a pump up sprayer (a hand spray bottle would work as well) and allow the detergent a few minutes to "dwell". This allows the chemicals to react with even the most set in difficult stains and break them down. When chemicals are used IN the Rug Doctor they only have a split second or so to break down stains. This doesn't work as well for me in my situation. Additionally, I have to make sure and remove all residue of the detergents I use, or else rapid re-soiling will be likely, and even after re-filling a machine with straight tap water, there is still some residue of the detergent used in the previous passes. This make flushing out remaining chemicals in the carpet even more difficult, as you are still applying additional detergent (albeit much at much higher dilution). For those who have really nice carpets, the Rug Doctor prescribed method works fine. But if re-soiling is an issue (or stiff feeling carpet when dry) try applying the detergent before using water only to clean. It works pretty good as well. Go to my channel joerwheelervideo for many more videos and tips for using the Rug Doctor effectively and also see how really dirty carpets can be cleaned with the Rug Doctor...they really work!

No comments:

Post a Comment